Big Book of Drumming This comprehensive drum playing textbook, with over 450 pages, is designed to cover the requirements of various levels of courses and examinations used in music schools.
The layout of this textbook is designed to be as clear and logical as possible in order to help the student effectively and easily progress in his or her studies. This textbook also lists course level requirements and contains a self-study plan, which makes it ideal for independent study and students considering competence-based examinations.
The book is divided into the following parts:
• Course level requirements
• Drum beat exercises and styles
• Rhythm primer
• Rhythm exercises
• Sheet music exercises
• Rudiments (40 PAS and hybrid rudiments)
• Rudiment solos
• Solos and exercise pieces with drum set
• Duets with drum set
• Drum-related (terminology) vocabulary and theory
A more detailed list can be found in the table of contents.